[ExI] Free will was: Everett worlds

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 18:48:59 UTC 2020

On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 11:13 AM Dan TheBookMan via extropy-chat <

> On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 4:10 PM Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat
> >
> > On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 8:51 AM Dan TheBookMan via extropy-chat <
> of
> >>
> >> How would it avoid the usual language change that faces natural
> >> languages, especially if it became a lingua franca along the lines of
> >> English today? A lot of it would depend on enforcement of its
> >> strictures. Once it becomes 'free range,' how would you maintain that?
> >

> > And if it never becomes "free range", is there any realistic expectation
> it would grow beyond maybe a few thousand speakers at most?  People making
> the language their own seems necessary for the language to gain any
> significant spread.
>
> Ex hyposthesi: was proposing that it would become free range, no? If
> it doesn't, then it's easier to maintain for obvious reasons, no? It's
> kind of like someone was asking 'What if we used giant spray mister
> towers in strategic locations to control the smoke spreading around
> the Western US?' and you responded with 'And if we didn't?' :)

Nah, I was just emphasizing your point.  Some might say that it must never
become free range so it can be controlled - but if it never does, then it
will never become more than a tiny, near-universally irrelevant historical
footnote.