[ExI] Free will was: Everett worlds

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 18:07:48 UTC 2020

On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 4:10 PM Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat

> On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 8:51 AM Dan TheBookMan via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 8:12 AM Anton Sherwood <bronto at pobox.com> wrote:
>> > I have a germ of an idea for a conlang: what Lojban would become if it
>> > were the inter-language of people with no interest in the philosophy of
>> > Lojban.
>>
>> How would it avoid the usual language change that faces natural
>> languages, especially if it became a lingua franca along the lines of
>> English today? A lot of it would depend on enforcement of its
>> strictures. Once it becomes 'free range,' how would you maintain that?
>

> And if it never becomes "free range", is there any realistic expectation it would grow beyond maybe a few thousand speakers at most?  People making the language their own seems necessary for the language to gain any significant spread.

Ex hyposthesi: was proposing that it would become free range, no? If
it doesn't, then it's easier to maintain for obvious reasons, no? It's
kind of like someone was asking 'What if we used giant spray mister
towers in strategic locations to control the smoke spreading around
the Western US?' and you responded with 'And if we didn't?' :)

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via:
http://www.amazon.com/Dan-Ust/e/B00J6HPX8M/