[ExI] Free will was: Everett worlds

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 15:57:02 UTC 2020

On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 8:51 AM Dan TheBookMan via extropy-chat <

> On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 8:12 AM Anton Sherwood <bronto at pobox.com> wrote:
> > On 2020-9-13 12:36, Dan TheBookMan via extropy-chat wrote:
> >  > Typically, outside of small circles (or scholars, scientists,
> >  > technicians, or some clique), any term with a stipulated
> >  > definition will stray from that definition as it spreads.
> >
> > I have a germ of an idea for a conlang: what Lojban would become if it
> > were the inter-language of people with no interest in the philosophy of
> > Lojban.
>
> How would it avoid the usual language change that faces natural
> languages, especially if it became a lingua franca along the lines of
> English today? A lot of it would depend on enforcement of its
> strictures. Once it becomes 'free range,' how would you maintain that?

And if it never becomes "free range", is there any realistic expectation it
would grow beyond maybe a few thousand speakers at most?  People making the
language their own seems necessary for the language to gain any significant
spread.