[ExI] history

Bill Hibbard hibbard at wisc.edu
Mon Sep 14 23:46:44 UTC 2020

> Just about the only person I have read who was interesting was Jacques
> Barzun, esp. From Dawn to Decadence.  Wonderful book - cultural history.

It was my good fortune to be in Madison, WI while Harvey Goldberg
was lecturing on European social history. I recall it took five or
six semesters to cycle through the whole history, then he'd start
over at the beginning. Crowds of folks not registered for his courses
would come to listen. He was a gay, Jewish Marxist passionately
prosecuting all the crimes and absurdities of European history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvey_Goldberg