[ExI] history

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 00:00:19 UTC 2020

On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 7:48 PM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat

> Just about the only person I have read who was interesting was Jacques Barzun, esp. From Dawn to Decadence.  Wonderful book - cultural history.   bill w

Despite his stature and many people I respect praising him, I've only
read a tiny amount of Barzun and the length of that book kind of put
me off. I'll have to give it another try. My excuse is the usual one:
so much else to read. :)

Maybe you'd be interested in large scale systems historians like
William H. McNeill, especially his _The Rise of the West_ and _Plagues
and Peoples_.

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via: