[ExI] Human Fetal Tissue Research

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Tue Sep 15 15:40:50 UTC 2020

From: John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 15, 2020 5:27 AM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Cc: Gregory Jones <spike at rainier66.com>
Subject: Re: [ExI] Human Fetal Tissue Research

On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 8:10 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

> So have this funded privately.  If you accept government money you have to play by government rules.

>…Spike, is there ANY action the current Presidential administration could take that you would not defend with every fiber of your being?

John K Clark

John everything isn’t about presidents or politics.  If you take government money, you play by government rules.  Is there any politics in that comment?  Any defense of any presidential action?  If so, note the comment “if you take government money, you play by government rules.”  If you don’t like their control, don’t take “their” money.

Keep in mind that “government money” is paid by taxpayers.  Where we don’t want to go is having a lot of taxpayers recognize that their money is going to support something they consider morally abhorrent.

So get private funding.  Then study what makes sense rather than what government dictates.