[ExI] Human Fetal Tissue Research

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 18:57:44 UTC 2020

On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 6:22 PM spike jones via extropy-chat

> From: Dave Sill <sparge at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [ExI] Human Fetal Tissue Research
> >… But in the USA there's a big difference between Constitutional theory and practice…-Dave
>
> Dave that is why we have a Supreme Court.

Cases have rise to and be accepted to be heard by the Supreme Court.
There's no guarantee that a particular case will get there or be
accepted once it is there. It's almost like you're saying any US
citizen can become the US president. Sure, though out of 100+ million
US citizens over 35, only one can become president at any given time.
Of course, the odds might be better to get to the Supreme Court,
though not by much. Out of thousands of cases it's asked to review,
only about a 100 are heard.

This isn't even bothering to consider whether the Supreme Court will
decide correctly. A look at history shows the Supreme Court to be just
as political as the other branches of government. (Plessy v. Ferguson
is a good example. No constitutional change happened between it and
Brown v. Board of Education, but there was a political and cultural
change*, no?)

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via:
http://www.amazon.com/Dan-Ust/e/B00J6HPX8M/

* For the better, IMO, even if I disagree with government being much
less being involved in education in the first place.