[ExI] old people

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 20:10:27 UTC 2020

On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 3:20 PM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <

> Those of you who take care of or just know something about gadgets and
> such for the elderly who have lost some cognitive powers, which of them are
> worth the money?  "I've fallen and I can't get up."  We know that one
> (OK,so that isn't for cognitive problems).   Useful?  Worth it?  Any
> feedback may help me in the future.  thanks!!

If you're an iPhone user, an Apple Watch might be the way to go. I don't
have personal experience with them, but I know they can do things like
alert on loss of pulse or movement and should be able to do geofencing,
where they alert when the watch moves out of a designated area. And they
can do messaging and reminders, of course.

I don't think Android watches are at the same level, but I'm not sure.

-Dave