[ExI] A virologist speculates on the origin of CV-19

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Sep 16 17:49:25 UTC 2020

> On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] A virologist speculates on the origin of CV-19

On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 9:15 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:

Yankee ingenuity at its finest.  You brightened my day with that one, me lad.  Adrian, thanks for being so Adriany.  You are the Adrianiest guy I ever met.  You have achieved adjectivehood now, meaning resourceful, inventive, get er dun and do it now.

>…Actually it was my brother who built that box, and he was doing it on inspiration from others…

Far too modest you are sir, and most generous with credit.

Shall we call it the Tymesian Prism?  That would honor your parents as well.  (Side note: I have become cheerfully acquainted online with Adrian’s mother who is a doctor interested in virology (I shared my county-data in table format (her group doesn’t know why the Sturgis bikers did so well either (a most pleasant lady is Adrian’s mother (and I now know why Adrian is so smart.)))))

Regarding that Tymesian Prism, I happen to have a bathroom vent fan.  I bought one to replace a noisy one, got up there took the old one down, discovered why it was noisy (a bit of debris had gotten in there (the fan blades were rattling on that (removed the debris (fan returned to its former sanity (so I put the old one back (and still have the new one.)))))

Stop counting my parentheses please, I only kinda estimate.  Stop that I say!

 May I share that photo please?

>…You may!  And my description of the contraption.  The more people who can (literally) breathe easier as a result, the better…

Thanks man.  Dontcha just love the internet?  Oh what a marvelous thing is this.  A really good really effective solution, costs almost nothing to make, three cheap filters and a fan you can temporarily remove from your bathroom, some duct tape and cardboard, and boom, yer there.

Fun extension of the Tymesian Prism notion: you wouldn’t even need to necessarily take the fan down.  You could leave it up there turned upside down to blow air into the house from the outside.  Then create a two-filter arrangement on the ceiling, set up like an upside down pup tent, cardboard ends, duct tape it to the ceiling over your bathroom vent.  Result: slight positive pressure in the house, which would gently push dusty air out thru the cracks, pull in filtered air to replace it.  Having your friends think you are insane in a clever way is a side benefit.

Of course it blows the stink from your bathroom into the other parts of the house, but I have a solution to that too: eat loooootsa fiber.  It’s good for you, and that takes care of about 95% of the stink problem: the bacteria have less time to create odiferous sulfuric compounds and funk.  If your number 1 does that, ease off on the asparagus and drink more water.

Sheesh NOW I think of it, after the smoke is already gone out over Nevada, fat lotta it does anybody now.

Adrian hat tip to your brother, along with my thanks.  You may forward what I have written.