[ExI] Quantum gravity

Stuart LaForge avant at sollegro.com
Thu Sep 17 22:32:02 UTC 2020

Quoting Anton Sherwood:

> On 2020-9-16 18:15, Stuart LaForge via extropy-chat wrote:
>> relativistic mass-energy equivalence predicted nuclear forces account
>> for the majority of the mass of an atom
>
> Majority? That doesn't seem right; then the relation of mass to number
> of nucleons ought to be less linear than it is.

I should have clarified that I consider the color force that binds
quarks together into nucleons to be a nuclear force. Both are mediated
by gluons therefore I kind of think of the strong force as leftover
color force. So the rest mass of the three quarks is something like 1%
the mass of a nucleon.

Stuart LaForge