[ExI] smoke 'em dano

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 21:05:23 UTC 2020

On Fri, Sep 18, 2020 at 4:52 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> Every society has its silliness, and the USA is a powerfully-silly place.
> Of all of them, the 60s were a most powerfully silly decade.  I could go on
> and on.  References to 1960s American silliness would add to your stories,
> particularly if it is arcane and caused the reader to go to the internet to
> look up what you are talking about.  I enjoyed Damien's aussie-isms that I
> needed to look up.

I think humans are a powerfully-silly bunch of any age (of, at, whatever)

Ready Player One made a puzzle out of 80's references.  Those get more
difficult to solve over time.  It makes me wonder about hieroglyphs or
cuneiform having cultural references lost to time.  Perhaps lost isn't even
the right tone... all things old are new again... hieroglyphs are now
emojis, so perhaps we'll get back to that stuff soon.