[ExI] communism/authoritarianism

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 05:42:20 UTC 2020

How can anyone want a hereditary monarchy, if they are at all acquainted
with world history? Lol Over the long-term, it is the road to civil war,
horrible rulers and chaos... Michael Anissimov hurt his reputation with
such ideas.

I would like to give AGI a shot at ruling society, or at least co-ruling.
But then they may get ideas about crime & punishment, and how to curb
over-population, that chill our blood.

I worry about how the rioting has not gone away, but may instead be a
permanent part of the new normal. We have seen millions of dollars damage
done from vandalism & looting, and many people hurt. But at the same time,
l am skeptical about cities truly reforming their police forces, once the
pressure to do so goes away.

People/groups seem to demonize each other, rather than being able to
communicate with those of differing views. This is not a good thing. A
classic belief is that when this happens, those at the very top are
pleased, because their game is divide and conquer.

On Fri, Sep 18, 2020, 4:37 PM Dan TheBookMan via extropy-chat <