[ExI] Turmeric health claims fraudulent

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Sep 19 17:09:57 UTC 2020

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> On Behalf Of
Stuart LaForge via extropy-chat

>... drug companies have declared curcumin a false lead and they are not
going to waste any more of their money on it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bharat_Aggarwal

>...Stuart LaForge

Cool thanks Stuart, good eye.

A decade ago, I went with my intuition on this one.  Some older friends were
using turmeric and curcumin (both) and claiming all these benefits, but my
intuition told me if those benefits were that easy to feel, they would be
easy to measure, since lotsa people eat them.  I never devoured either of
them.  I am always watching myself for wishful thinking: I wish we would
find something to keep us smart as we age.  But we still don't have it.

I am still watching the Sturgis data and my fond hopes are holding up well:
the bikers appear to be not dying.  The epidemiology community continues to
not write about it.  The economists are not writing about it.  I would think
Harley Davidson would write about it, but they haven't as far as I know.