[ExI] Turmeric health claims fraudulent

Stuart LaForge avant at sollegro.com
Sun Sep 20 18:54:33 UTC 2020

Quoting Giovanni Santostasi:

> The anti-inflamatory role of curcumin has been proven in hundreds of
> papers.
> Here a review:
> https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5664031/
>
> The fact there was a fraudulent researcher among the army of people around
> the world experimenting with this substance doesn't make curcumin health
> claims fraudulent in general.
> The main problem is bio-availability but it can be resolved with mixing
> with other compounds.

You are right, Giovanni. After conducting an independent literature
review for studies not including Aggarwal or referencing his work, I
still found some convincing studies and reviews for positive effects
of curcumin in both Alzheimer's disease and osteoarthritis:

As a result of, I am going to keep supplementing with turmeric in my
own diet as a prophylactic.

Stuart LaForge