[ExI] anger

Anton Sherwood bronto at pobox.com
Wed Sep 23 19:37:10 UTC 2020

On 2020-9-23 12:07, William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat wrote:
> The way to handle anger:  forgiveness.  Forgive yourself for perhaps
> overreacting.  Forgive whoever made you angry whatever the reason (why?
> grudges only hurt you)  Acting out your anger only makes it worse. Freud
> was wrong.  The Greeks too.
>
> This is the only way I have found to keep my temper when surrounded by
> idiots on the highway. Forgive and forget.  Once I thought about keeping
> a gun in the car and that made me realize just what anger was doing to
> me.  (Yes, part Scot).

(With a name like William Wallace?!)

A friend once told me that he became more even-tempered when he started
carrying a gun, because he would reason with himself: if it's worth
anger, it's worth pulling my gun -- and this shit ain't worth pulling my
gun.

--
*\\*  Anton Sherwood  *\\*  www.bendwavy.org