[ExI] anger

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 12:31:46 UTC 2020

On Wed, Sep 23, 2020 at 4:54 PM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <

> > Anger too often leads to irrational thoughts and actions.

Sometimes certainly, but overall anger must have demonstrated some ability
to get genes into the next generation or that emotion would never have
evolved. Sometimes "fight" must be a better strategy for survival than
"flight".

  > Certainly harming my family would make me angry,

I know for a fact things a lot less drastic than that can make you angry.
You have shown every indication of being extremely angry at me on more than
one occasion, and all it took was for me to type out a sequence of ASCII
characters.

> > I have had to work on my temper all my life.

I can get angry at someone but I find it exhausting and can't keep it up
for long, so the rage very soon fades into mild annoyance. Maybe I've just
been lucky and overall most people have treated me pretty fairly because in
my entire life there has only been one exception to my inability to stay
furious at someone for long periods of time, and Donald Trump provided that
exception.

John K Clark