[ExI] The Handmaid's Tale

Ben Zaiboc ben at zaiboc.net
Sun Sep 27 07:20:58 UTC 2020

On 27/09/2020 06:37, John Grigg wrote:
> I don't see Alcor ever moving, unless they are severely persecuted by
> U.S. government authorities.
>

>     On 2020-9-26 07:16, Ben Zaiboc via extropy-chat wrote:
>     > It's extremely worrying that the only two countries in the world
>     with
>     > working cryonics facilites are a totalitarian oligarchy and a
>     country
>     > rapidly becoming a religious dystopia.
>

>     > Maybe it's time for Alcor to start seriously considering where
>     in the
>     > world it should be located, to have any chance of surviving into
>     the future.

That's my worry. If that ever happens, it will be too late to move. And
moving to a backup site in the same country is no use if the government
of that country is after you. Their ability to locate you will always be
better than your ability to hide, if they have sufficient motivation
(such as moral outrage in a religious dystopia).

--
Ben Zaiboc