[ExI] oh hey, why didn't we do this sooner...

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Sep 28 03:20:37 UTC 2020

On Sun, Sep 27, 2020 at 7:27 PM Dylan Distasio via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

>… have no idea how prevalent the issue is, but at least one well documented case exists:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/oct/11/transgender-prisoner-who-sexually-assaulted-inmates-jailed-for-life

This is from Britain.  It sounds to me like the authorities have the option to call bullshit on the guy.

>From the CNN article, it sounded to me like any male prisoner could just say he was now female, and off he goes, no further questions allowed.

Of course that could be wrong, but if true, I can see plenty of reasons for men to prefer being locked up with women.  Consider those who have no nefarious plans but want to get away from the rapists in the men’s slammer.  That plan sounds perfectly reasonable to me.  One would think the women’s prison would be a way safer place to serve one’s sentence.

Sheesh what a dark topic.

I don’t see how this new California plan can work right.

My apologies to those who interpreted my original post to be about either elections or actual trans people.  It was neither.