[ExI] Spaceflight: The only valid case for waiting

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 07:45:50 UTC 2020

"Promise ourselves a great adventure"?

Such promises are made to be broken, and too many know it among those who
would need to be appeased.

We can never "solve our problems down here", in a permanent and complete
sense.  Declaring that something must wait for that to happen first is
literally declaring that said thing must never happen.

This applies regardless of what the thing being deferred is, but especially
when that thing could help address "our problems down here".  Spaceflight,
fusion power, you name it.

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 12:30 AM Giulio Prisco via extropy-chat <