[ExI] Spaceflight: The only valid case for waiting

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 07:57:19 UTC 2020

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 12:54 AM Giulio Prisco via extropy-chat <

> Adrian, I totally agree with what you say here. This is a worst-case
> strategy to consider if we are forced to abandon ambitious human
> spaceflight programs (for you guys in the US, that could start
> happening in a few weeks). All I mean is that, IF there's no way to do
> real space in current political conditions, we must not give up hope
> in the future but keep the fire alive under the ashes.

Oh, there's a way.  It just doesn't rely on government funding.  Or doing
the expensive approaches first.

It's called "bootstrapping".  It might take a while longer than if you can
spend a bunch of other peoples' money up front, but it's there if you
can't.