[ExI] Spaceflight: The only valid case for waiting

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 08:19:29 UTC 2020

On Mon, 28 Sep 2020 at 09:08, Giulio Prisco via extropy-chat

> A LONG while longer if you ask me, but better than nothing.
> At the same time, we must keep our great expectations for the future
> alive. Why there's so much dystopian science fiction around? Where is
> the optimism of golden age space opera? Speaking of that, where is the
> optimism that this very list used to have twenty years ago?

Twenty years ago we didn't have powerful home computers, the cloud
and virtual reality. (And the outside world future looking really grim).
Now anyone can have great adventures anywhere, in the company of many
friends, all without moving from our recliner chairs.

BillK