[ExI] Spaceflight: The only valid case for waiting

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Sep 28 19:45:08 UTC 2020

-----Original Message-----
From: spike at rainier66.com <spike at rainier66.com>

>... electric cars are all the rage around here.  We had our fifth blackout
this morning in the past 2 months.  My friends nearby are still outta power.
I told them come on over, everything is working, including the AC.  They
will be here in 11 minutes.  spike

OK it wasn't what I thought.  They shut it down temporarily to reduce load
for fire prevention.  Considering the recent fires, that makes perfect
sense:

https://ktla.com/news/california/pge-plans-to-cut-power-to-89000-customers-i
n-16-california-counties-due-to-weather-causing-fire-risks/?

Now we have a new headache: the power came back on for some of the school
district (so they went ahead with classes) but other parts of town are just
now coming back online.  Some families have multiple layer backups (such as
generators and mobile hotspots) while other families sat in the bewildering
stillness of powerlessness and internetlessness.

Damn.