[ExI] pistols

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 00:07:09 UTC 2021

On Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 12:12 AM Stathis Papaioannou via extropy-chat <

> Impulsive suicide is not really the same as, say, deciding to end your
> life because you have a terminal illness. I have seen many patients over
> the year who attempted suicide by overdose, woke up in hospital a few hours
> later, said they felt silly and went home. If they had put a gun in their
> mouth and pulled the trigger, the outcome would have been different.

### Suicidal gestures are common, and the common forms are overdose and
wrist slashing. Occasionally a gesture ends up badly, if the overdose is
too large and the suicide voice message is listened to too late but still
survivable overdoses are often just gestures. People don't make suicidal
gestures with guns though.

Rafal