[ExI] portable toilets, was: RE: Watch robots make pizzas from start to finish at an automated pizzeria

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 21:58:45 UTC 2021

On Wed, 4 Aug 2021 at 22:35, spike jones via extropy-chat

<big snip>
> This solution is currently a political no-go, but within five years from now I see a steady transition to a maybe-go, then five years after that a yes-go, then a go-go.
>
> spike

The problem is that people don't appreciate the total costs of
homelessness because they are spread over so many different budgets.
Hospital emergeny treatment, mental illness, drug use problems,
criminal behaviour, police and justice system and jail costs, social
workers, cleanup costs, and so on......    Added up, it would be
cheaper to pay the rent on hotel rooms for them.

BillK