[ExI] portable toilets, was: RE: Watch robots make pizzas from start to finish at an automated pizzeria

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Aug 4 22:11:49 UTC 2021

…> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] portable toilets, was: RE: Watch robots make pizzas from start to finish at an automated pizzeria

>… but I think the supply of people who would want to live in such places is nearly endless…

Agree.  That is why you need to put it somewhere where there is plenty of space to expand.  Darwin.  Expand south.

>… esp. if you supply those drugs (why do that?)…

I think of the drug thing as a backspin on the Marxist notion: opium would serve as the religion of the masses.

>…Your schools will rent trailers in all probability. Common…

We already have those.  With the bond measure, some of them are being removed to make way for higher-density buildings.

Regarding homeless facilities filling up, we are discussing the creation of a boom town to house a million people where now a nearly-deserted ghost town stands.  I am hearing reports that over a million people have illegally crossed the US border in the first seven months of 2021.  So if we got moving on putting a million in Darwin, turning it from a ghost town into a city the size of San Francisco, we are creating homes for seven months of immigration.