[ExI] Pentagon leak

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Aug 9 16:23:21 UTC 2021

…> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Subject: [ExI] Pentagon leak

>>…Two scenarios:  1 - the leak was intentional;  2 - it was not.

>>…Exercise:  devise explanations for each of these.

Billw

>…“The US military put its new warfighting concept for future warfare to the test in a wargaming exercise last fall and it did not go well, Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. John Hyten said Monday, multiple defense outlets reported.

"Without overstating the issue, it failed miserably," Hyten said at the National Defense Industrial Association's Emerging Technologies Institute,  <https://www.defenseone.com/policy/2021/07/it-failed-miserably-after-wargaming-loss-joint-chiefs-are-overhauling-how-us-military-will-fight/184050/> according to Defense One.”

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-military-failed-miserably-in-war-game-changing-warfighting-strategy-2021-7

I didn’t look seriously into scenario 2.  I can’t figure out why they would let this information out, other than to signal to Taiwan and the rest of the world that the US will stand down if China takes Taiwan.  Then once they do, the next step is Vietnam, Korea and Japan, along with any part of Africa worth taking.