[ExI] to my fellow renaissance life forms

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Wed Aug 18 01:54:23 UTC 2021

…> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] to my fellow renaissance life forms

SR Ballard via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

I just don’t understand how pirating a CD and listening to it at the library are any functionally different. >…The library paid for it.  When a radio station plays a song they have to send money to ASCAP (I think - something like that)   bill w

Simple reality: if we do not pay good artists for their intellectual property, we end up with rap.  As far as I can tell, rap cannot be called “intellectual” property.