[ExI] 'Copyright'

Ben Zaiboc ben at zaiboc.net
Sat Aug 21 20:02:43 UTC 2021

On 20/08/2021 21:12, Spike wrote:
> OK cool so what if… we transition to a time when anything that can be
> digitized is free to anyone who will download it, radio transitions to
> karaoke, musicians and authors work alone generally, actors work
> mostly alone. So we find ways to make the process much simpler and
> cheaper.  Making a film and an audio track is still a lotta work, for
> which they either don’t get paid at all or if so not much.

This is what the abundance economy is supposed to solve. People will
still get together in groups to create complex things, just not in order
to earn a living, but because they want to collaborate with others to
create something good. If not getting paid resulted in people working
alone, the whole FOSS movement wouldn't even exist, but it does, and
that's even without an abundance economy.

So, we transition not only to a time when digital goods are free, but to
a time when people don't have to work in order to live.

Ben