[ExI] not political

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 15:51:10 UTC 2021

On Sun, Aug 22, 2021, 9:21 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> Then… it suddenly occurred to me: there are 22 million registered voters
> in California.
>

> What a bargain!  This is the lowest cost advertising in history.  That’s
> over 5000 registered voters per dollar.  Anyone could tell 22 million
> people anything for a mere pittance really.

I considered doing that, but I am too busy with other projects just now,
which saying something that way would interfere with.

But this was foreseeable from the last recall.  Someone with more bandwidth
could have put forth a transhumanist platform that might have gotten more
attention than the Presidential runs.

There's talk of making it significantly more costly next time, in part to
discourage independent candidates.