[ExI] libertarian ideas

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 17:51:20 UTC 2021

On Sun, Aug 22, 2021 at 8:39 AM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <

> Bottom line:  I support guns up to but not including automatic weapons for
> everyone except mental cases and felons.  You?

There already exist design files, such that anyone can 3D print their own
pistols.  I do not believe it will be very long before this is true of
fully automatic rifles too.  Obtaining ammunition might be a limiting
factor, but once someone develops (and distributes 3D files to print)
coilguns or railguns with decent stopping power, printing ammunition will
be easy too.

Technology often tramples the giving and limiting of rights, by granting
rights in a way that concerned people can not stop.