[ExI] is it real?

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 17:09:27 UTC 2021

On Thu, 26 Aug 2021 at 17:48, William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat

> Do we think that Google is overall doing good things with the billions they have made?
>I think they have lived up to 'Don't be Evil' but are they doing what tech people want and ordinary citizens want and need?  bill w

In 2015, when Google was reorganized under Alphabet in a corporate
restructure, the motto was quietly changed to ‘do the right thing’.
<https://blog.searchscene.com/google-don-t-be-evil-motto-what-went-wrong/>

Quotes:

Is Google evil?
Evil is a strong word and the simple fact that they removed this
phrase from their code of conduct and other communications does not
mean that they did so because they now want to be evil.

However, it is clear that Google has struggled to stay true to its
original motivations, with numerous scandals over the years suggesting
that they prioritise profits over doing good.

Use Startpage or DuckDuckGo instead. (No tracking or profile recording).

BillK