[ExI] is it real?

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Thu Aug 26 17:44:18 UTC 2021

…> On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] is it real?

>…Do we think that Google is overall doing good things with the billions they have made?

There is no way to know.  Google is a collection of stockholders who have enjoyed marvelous returns on their investments.  Google’s billions in reserve belong to the stockholders.

>…  I think they have lived up to 'Don't be Evil'…

Indeed sir?

>…but are they doing what tech people want and ordinary citizens want and need?  bill w

Tech people who are Google stockholders and ordinary citizens who are Google stockholders, ja.  That’s what companies do: make money and answer to the Board of Directors, who are the ones representing the stockholders interests.