[ExI] Population growth & Life-Extension

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 13:44:35 UTC 2021

If you
know you'll still be around to reap the fruits of your current
behaviour, perhaps indefinitely, there's a lot more incentive, don't you
think? Ben

 I think that all of us are too smart, sometimes, to understand the
thinking, or lack of it, by people who are two or three standard deviations
below us in intelligence.  Given a very long life the average person can
say "Wow, I have nearly an infinite amount of time to pay off my debts, so
let's max out the cards."  People are lazy - well, maybe they are just
efficient:  always thinking of the easy way to do something. or get out of
it altogether!     bill

On Fri, Aug 27, 2021 at 4:19 AM Ben Zaiboc via extropy-chat <