[ExI] Arrogance

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Fri Aug 27 20:02:54 UTC 2021

On Fri, August 27, 2021 14:25, Dave Sill via extropy-chat wrote:

> Having pride in the accomplishments of one's country is OK, I suppose,
> though I think real pride would come more from having an active role in
> these accomplishments rather than a twist of fate.
>
> But expressing that pride...that's just arrogance.

Thanks, Dave.  I've often wondered about this "proud to be an American"
thing.  Pride needs to be earned, at least that's how I see it.

That said, I'm mostly *happy* to be an American, glad I was born here,
glad to live here.  I grew up thinking America was a pretty cool country,
and though the last few decades have me wondering about that...  I'd still
rather be here than somewhere else.  :)

Regards,
MB