[ExI] Five Autonomous Weapons that are already here

Stuart LaForge avant at sollegro.com
Sat Dec 4 21:03:36 UTC 2021

Quoting BillK:

> In this article, we have collected 5 examples of real-life autonomous
> weapons which exist today, and have either already been deployed in
> military operations or are being deployed in the near future.
>
> <https://futureoflife.org/2021/11/22/5-real-life-technologies-that-prove-autonomous-weapons-are-already-here/>
>
> Quotes:
> 1 ? US AIR FORCE MQ-9 REAPER
> 2 ? MODIFIED M600 DRONE
> 3 ? STM KARGU-2
> 4 ? SPUR
> 5 ? JAEGER-C
>
> Should Algorithms decide who lives and who dies?
> Clearly these new technologies pose a huge moral problem ? is it
> acceptable for us to delegate life-or-death decisions to an algorithm?
> ----------------------------

Alright! (sarcasm) We have just unlocked Berserker technology from the
classic Saberhagen series and Skynet from the Terminator series as
possible futures. That being said, algorithms have probably been used
for life and death decisions before, such as in health insurance where
costly medical procedures are covered or not based upon some look-up
table or other algorithm.

> They don't mention surface-to-air missiles. These will have to be made
> autonomous as humans will not be able to react quickly enough to a
> wave of air attacks.
> BillK

https://gfycat.com/smugwebbedfirecrest

There is still hope for carbon-based life! We can still survive!
vincit qui patitur :)

Stuart LaForge