[ExI] why the book is better

Giovanni Santostasi gsantostasi at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 22:26:29 UTC 2021

I think it has to do with the fact the book asks our collaboration, we are
co-creators when we read a book. We have to imagine the details like the
faces of the characters, the sounds and smells of the main locations and so
on. It is one of the things that disappoint when we see a movie from a book
that we already read. Nobody looks like we have imagined them. This
co-creation aspect is also what makes D&D paper version so different and
popular than the video game D&D, you are creating a story together (more so
with D&D than just passively reading a book) but similar principles are in
place.

On Mon, Dec 13, 2021 at 1:33 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <