[ExI] covid or cold?
stathisp at gmail.com
Fri Dec 24 20:07:37 UTC 2021
On Sat, 25 Dec 2021 at 06:40, Will Steinberg via extropy-chat <
extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:
> Nah, if you really get deep into internet communities you'll see even the
> vaxlovers are getting tired of this shit.
> I'm unvaxed and I still haven't gotten it. I get enough sleep, don't
> stress much, and practice caloric restriction. Same for my partner
Most people haven’t had COVID and most people who have had COVID did not
get sick enough to end up in hospital. No-one denies that. But people don’t
like the idea that there is a 1% chance of dying from it, even though it
means there is a 99% chance of not dying from it. If 1% of planes crashed
and killed their passengers, even the healthy ones who eat well and
exercise, air travel would not be popular.
On Fri, Dec 24, 2021, 12:34 AM Rafal Smigrodzki via extropy-chat <
> extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:
>> On Fri, Dec 24, 2021 at 12:05 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <
>> extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> wrote:
>>> I keep hearing that the omicron variant looks and acts like a common
>>> cold. If so, this is exactly what was predicted: eventually a killer-flu
>>> mutates into something more contagious and more benign. What we still
>>> don’t know is if one brand of covid protects the catcher from the other
>>> brands. If it does, then omicron is the end of this tragic nightmare.
>> ### There is immunological cross-reactivity between various Covid
>> variants, so an infection provides some protection against reinfection by
>> multiple other variants. However, the tragic nightmare is a godsend to
>> poseurs and power-grabbers, so I wouldn't be too optimistic that a mere
>> lack of lethality will end it ;(
>> extropy-chat mailing list
>> extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org
> extropy-chat mailing list
> extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the extropy-chat