[ExI] covid or cold?

John Klos john at ziaspace.com
Sat Dec 25 04:11:31 UTC 2021

> Yeah, I thought it was kind of obvious.  I think the covid vaxes suck.
> mRNA vaccines are cheap trash made because they take no time or development
> funds.  They protect against a single protein on the virus that we already
> know is prone to mutation.  They're being pushed because of pharma profit
> margins, in my opinion.

Thank you! This actually gives me something to consider.

So what I'd ask next is do you believe that vaccines are actively bad
because they have limited protection? Do you think we shouldn't be taking
them, and if so, why?

> Also here's a study from recently that seems to show these vaccines (pfizer
> and moderna) having *negative* efficacy against omicron after 90 days.
> That is, you're more likely to get omicron 90 days after your shot than
> someone who doesn't have the shot.
> https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.12.20.21267966v3.full.pdf
> This is not an antivax study, nor even against the covid vax; it's more
> about how effectiveness wanes over time and it's in favor of boosters.  But
> if you look at the post 90 day bar for omicron on the graph, the 95%
> confidence interval is so far into the negatives it's ridiculous.  Note
> that this is a preprint

Oh, dear. That's not how statistics works. I think people see papers like
these, see something that sounds good, then they run with it without
actually understanding what they're reading.

No, vaccines don't CAUSE you to become infected. Nobody is saying or even
hinting that there's some viral interference going on. That would be
silly.

The data for later dates excludes people who leave the category, either
by becoming infected, by dying, by emigrating, or - and this is important
- getting a booster. It's right there in the paper.

One might reasonably assume that those who are vaccinated are more likely
to start going about life a little more normally, and therefore are more
likely to get infected because of that.

And what really matters is that 1) if the efficacy drops, does getting a
booster raise efficacy? (yes, it clearly does), and 2) do
incidents of vaccinated infections still leads to substantially less
incidence of death and less serious effects? and yes to that, too.

John