[ExI] no data today

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Fri Dec 31 19:11:08 UTC 2021

>>…Is that a lack of data, or "no" data as in the data is zero?

>…I don’t think they have updated it yet Adrian.  The way the NYT has been reporting Florida covid fatality data, it is zero on every day except Mondays and Thursdays…spike

Owwww, damn:

Association Between Immune Dysfunction and COVID-19 Breakthrough Infection After SARS-CoV-2 Vaccination in the US | HIV | JAMA Internal Medicine | JAMA Network <https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2787643?guestAccessKey=356d5298-a97b-47ea-8db3-99dc9e039a6e&utm_source=silverchair&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=article_alert-jamainternalmedicine&utm_content=olf&utm_term=122821>

On a brighter note (my favorite kind of note) the NYT published the Florida covid fatality data yesterday and the news is good so far (he said cautiously.)  Their 7-day rolling average is holding at about 20 per day, which is below one fatality per day per million proles, which is well below the national average.  The USA national average is about triple Florida’s rate even though that state had a huge new case surge starting about two weeks ago.

My optimism is cautious because it might be that omicron does eventually slay, but it takes longer.  We have been disappointed several times before.  I don’t think that’s it, because we are hearing a drumbeat of info coming out of Florida saying the monoclonal antibody therapy works well against omicron, which is the dominant strain there.  Furthermore, the South Africa data suggests omicron doesn’t slay, and does result in partial immunity or increased resistance to delta.

In the meantime, we will get no additional data until about Tuesday probably, so… good luck to us.