[ExI] ARTS - Extropian poetry

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 17:30:04 UTC 2021

On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 6:07 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> *From:* extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> *On Behalf
> Of *Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat
>
> >… With training, one can rhyme on a dime most of the time - though they
> don't always chime.
>

> Well right.  But Adrian, we don’t all have your talent, pal.

You can make a bot to bard up for fun.
Start with a chatbot, written in past time.
Review and revise the code, line by line.
Code in a sonnet's structure, have it run:
Ten syllables by fourteen lines, and done.
If it uses doggerel, 'tis no crime,
So long as it takes care to place its rhyme
On a consistent scheme, then you have won.
The Petrarchan version is a classic:
A B B A A B B A and then
C D E C D E to finish up.
Alternately you can do Shakespearic.
Either way a template that it fills in.
With the right programs, you too can bard up.