[ExI] ARTS - Extropian poetry

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Feb 1 19:35:49 UTC 2021

From: extropy-chat <extropy-chat->…> On Behalf Of Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] ARTS - Extropian poetry

On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 9:50 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

I remember getting that software and watching the transition from not as good as I am to better than I am to I can’t even compete with this anymore.

Now… poetry.  I can’t compete with software in poetry anymore.

Cool!

>…The point is not to compete with the software, but to be able to make - or find - and then use better software…

Ja.  If I did that, perhaps I could escape such literary sins as using faire-laissez to rhyme with essay.  I will likely be condemned to poet’s hell for stuff like that.  Software won’t go there.

>…Every year, the talent level of humans and our machines combined, grows.  The software is our tool - perhaps, to some, our partner.  It is pointless to fight it; instead, let it help us.  Use it.  (Imagine that it wants to be used, if it helps.  That's not entirely incorrect.)

Ja I recall BillK’s posting a link to that but I didn’t use it at the time.  Part of problem is that Ivor hasn’t given us much to work with: an unusual name and a taste for poetry: that by itself is thin gruel for the poet and the poetry software to build upon.  I am still hoping he will tell us something cool about Ivor.