[ExI] ARTS - Extropian poetry

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 17:58:39 UTC 2021

On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 9:50 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> I remember getting that software and watching the transition from not as
> good as I am to better than I am to I can’t even compete with this anymore.
>

> Now… poetry.  I can’t compete with software in poetry anymore.
>

> Cool!

The point is not to compete with the software, but to be able to make - or
find - and then use better software.

Every year, the talent level of humans and our machines combined, grows.
The software is our tool - perhaps, to some, our partner.  It is pointless
to fight it; instead, let it help us.  Use it.  (Imagine that it wants to
be used, if it helps.  That's not entirely incorrect.)