[ExI] This is my last post to the Extropian List

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Sat Feb 6 15:22:26 UTC 2021

...> On Behalf Of Stuart LaForge via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] This is my last post to the Extropian List

>...Welcome back, Gordon. :) One of the key differences between the ExI list
and other social media is that we appreciate dissenting opinions around
here...

I appreciate dissenting opinions so long as they agree with MINE!
Otherwise... Oh wait, retract.

>... It was just strange how his normally cogent mind became unhinged over a
certain ... Stuart LaForge

Hi Stuart, I am watching this phenomenon realtime in my own neighborhood
with a particular neighbor, a very severe case.  But I don't know for sure
if that political factor you named is the cause or just something that is
happening in parallel.  I don't know how the heck that works.  I had assumed
that once the US elections were over, that problem would go away, but if
anything it is getting noticeably worse.

On this forum we have a psychology professor and at least one, perhaps more,
professionals in the field.  People who really were caught up in US politics
in the past coupla years seem to have this notion that they are surrounded
by armed enemies.  Anything one does to disabuse them of that notion seems
to somehow reinforce it, creating a psychologically destructive positive
feedback loop.