[ExI] This is my last post to the Extropian List

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 16:05:46 UTC 2021

Hey Spike - it works like this:  suppose you are very right wing. That
means that fear is your main motivator in the political realm (fear is
probably the most important emotion anyway, but to the far right it is much
stronger - remember your Haidt).  Now someone tries to talk you out of your
political position.  Here is the way you interpret that:  "This person is
telling me to give up my fear.  He must be conning me.  If I give up my
fear I give up my protection.  I want to be always armed against this,
literally and figuratively.  So I dismiss this person and his point of
view.  People who want me to let down my guard are enemies trying to get
the best of me in some way".  To attack this point of view is just to make
it stronger.  I see no reason why this might not hold true even if a person
is left wing.  Elicit enough fear and this is the way it works.

bill w

bill w

On Sat, Feb 6, 2021 at 9:25 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <