[ExI] This is my last post to the Extropian List

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 20:47:26 UTC 2021

Censoring books, banning books - signs of the apocalypse to me.  I wonder
about pornography.  Why is it obscene?  Why does obscenity get banned?
Yes, I know from teaching that the U.S. is a moderately repressive society
where sex is concerned, but just who is harmed and how?  Children.  Prove
to me that observing obscenities causes harm.  You cannot.  Europe and
especially Scandanavia have looser controls there and they have fewer
abortions, fewer sexual diseases, more use of birth control, and so on than
we do.  You can, I think, conclude that pornography has positive
educational value, which is probably a good thing because any kid can get
access to it, or his friend can.  Parents have always been too shy to talk
about sex except in a 'birds and bees' manner.  So now they are turning
over their parental responsibilities to the internet.  Good or bad, that's
the way it is.  Polls in my sex classes showed that most students wanted to
get their sex education from their parents.  How many of them did?  Very
few.  Irrational fears.  bill w

On Sat, Feb 6, 2021 at 12:22 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <