[ExI] book on cells - TMI !!!!

Ben ben at zaiboc.net
Sun Feb 21 19:26:41 UTC 2021

On 21/02/2021 17:57, bill w wrote:
> Well Ben, you describe a scenario where you upload a concert pianist
> and get an AI that can play the hell out of chopsticks.  Details don't
> really matter, eh?   bill

Of course details matter. The trick is picking the /relevant/ details.
I'm 99.99% sure we can ignore the details of neuronal microtubules, but
99.999% sure that we can't ignore the details of axonal connections.
It's a matter of picking the right layer/s of detail, and zooming in on
that, but ignoring the wrong levels.

A big problem at the moment is that we're not sure what the right levels
are, but we are getting more sure about the wrong ones, I think.

--
Ben Zaiboc