[ExI] one and done

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 16:26:08 UTC 2021

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 8:19 AM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> *From:* extropy-chat <extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org> *On Behalf
> Of *Adrian Tymes via extropy-chat
>
> Re: [ExI] one and done
>

> On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 6:44 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <
>
> >>….  I thought of that and have a solution: one must cancel her second
> appointment while still at the facility, right after getting the dosage.
>
> >…Irrelevant.  Even then, they will still probably hold a second dose for
> you, your refusal not recorded because they have no process to handle
> refusals…  Adrian
>

> I thought of that too, and have a solution: have governors declare all
> no-shows available to first-come-first-served, absolutely regardless of
> age, nationality, sexy, nothing can get one to the head of the line.
> Welll…  Partial retract, sexy will get anyone to the front of any line, we
> know how the real world works.  But other than that, first come first
> served for the freed-up dosages from no-shows.  Governors can (and should)
> do things like that.

Perhaps, if that were to happen.  But now you're getting out of the realm
of what one can/should do given the world that actually exists.

Given that the governors have not done this, is it better or worse for
oneself to avoid getting a second dose once one has gotten the first?
Given that the second dose probably will not go to someone else - either it
goes in the person it is designated as a second dose for, or it will
probably be wasted, thus there is probably no benefit to society from
refusing - one should get the second dose so that someone (oneself) gets
higher immunity.