[ExI] geezer guard

spike at rainier66.com spike at rainier66.com
Mon Jan 4 18:29:48 UTC 2021

> On Behalf Of Dave Sill via extropy-chat
Subject: Re: [ExI] geezer guard

On Mon, Jan 4, 2021 at 12:39 PM William Flynn Wallace via extropy-chat <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org> > wrote:

In other words there is no correct way to run four speakers from a two channel amp.

>…No. Serial would be safe. Or you could add 8-ohm resistors to the two 8-ohm speakers and wire them parallel.

>…Disclaimer: I'm not an electrical engineer, so do anything I suggest at your own risk. :-)

>…-Dave

The hardcore audio guys say that speakers need to be impedance-matched, so you would need parallel inductors as well as parallel resistance.  I am not that much into the sound scene, so the best bet might be to just try it with nothing, then mess with adding resistors and inductors if your ear is noticing something is up.

BillW, you have friends around there who can listen to your system and advise, ja?