[ExI] geezer guard

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 18:41:53 UTC 2021

On Mon, Jan 4, 2021 at 1:31 PM spike jones via extropy-chat <

> The hardcore audio guys say that speakers need to be impedance-matched, so
> you would need parallel inductors as well as parallel resistance.  I am not
> that much into the sound scene, so the best bet might be to just try it
> with nothing, then mess with adding resistors and inductors if your ear is
> noticing something is up.

No, "just try it" is unsafe. If the impedance is too low, the amplifier
will overheat. The safe thing to do is wire the extra speakers in series.
Doubling the impedance will halve the power output of the amplifier, but
it's completely safe.

-Dave