[ExI] Microsoft wants to reincarnate people as chatbots

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 01:05:10 UTC 2021

On Thu, 7 Jan 2021 at 00:03, Dylan Distasio via extropy-chat

> Even with current bleeding edge tech, it's still nothing more than a dead behind the eyes, cheap simulacrum.  An interesting parlor trick perhaps, but nothing more, unless we solve the hard problem.

Oh, you're disappointed MS aren't creating real people?   Really?  :)

This is only the first step.  The patent says that they will use AI to
add information that the original person's database doesn't know
about. So it will be more knowledgeable than the original. That will
be version 2.

But if it looks like Dylan, talks like Dylan, responds like Dylan
about the same subjects as him; plus it knows about much more than
Dylan does - Who's complaining?

BillK